- PhD in Astronomy (March 2009), Università degli studi di Firenze
- Research fellow at INAF-Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova [2009 -- 2011 and 2015--2018]
- Research fellow at Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) and Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) from 2011-2015.
- Staff researcher at INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Padova since 2018
Research interests: stellar astrophysics, resolved stellar populations, stellar clusters (open clusters, globulars, moving groups), high-resolution optical and infrared spectroscopy, abundances of light chemical elements, alpha, iron-peak, and neutron-capture elements. Formation and chemical evolution of the Galaxy. High-contrast imaging observations for the detection and characterisation of extrasolar planets (massive giant planets/brown dwarf companions on outer orbits).
Le mie pubblicazioni sono consultabili via NASA ADS (https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/)
h index 47, 337 publications, 205 on peer-reviewed journals (August 2023)
- D'Orazi, V. et al. 2022, "The Complex Behaviour of s-Process Element Abundances at Young Ages". Universe, vol. 8, issue 2, p. 110
- D'Orazi, V. et al. 2020, "Stellar population astrophysics (SPA) with the TNG. Revisiting the metallicity of Praesepe (M 44)". Astronomy & Astrophysics, Volume 633, id.A38, 10 pp.
- D'Orazi, V. et al. 2019, "Mapping of shadows cast on a protoplanetary disk by a close binary system". Nature Astronomy, Volume 3, p. 167-172
- D'Orazi, V. et al. 2018, "On the Chemical Abundances of Miras in Clusters: V1 in the Metal-rich Globular NGC 5927". The Astrophysical Journal Letters, Volume 855, Issue 1, article id. L9, 7 pp.
- D'Orazi, V. et al. 2017, "A critical reassessment of the fundamental properties of GJ 504: chemical composition and age". Astronomy & Astrophysics, Volume 598, id.A19, 11 pp.
- D'Orazi, V., et al. 2015, "Lithium abundances in globular cluster giants: NGC 1904, NGC 2808, and NGC 362". Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 449, Issue 4, p.4038-4047