NEWS - Call 2020-21 - link
This PhD is a joint research program between the University of Rome “Sapienza University of Rome ” and the University of Rome "Tor Vergata", with the collaboration of the National Institute of Astrophysics (INAF).
At the end of the program, PhD students will obtain a joint degree of the two Universities.
The aim of the Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Science Ph.D. Program is the formation of a young researcher at a highly competitive international level.
The PhD program covers most of the topics of modern Astrophysics and Space Science of:
- Galactic and Extragalactic Astrophysics,
- Gravitation and Cosmology,
- Solar and Stellar Physics,
- Space Sciences,
in both their theoretical and observational aspects.
Research Topics of the Phd Joint Program:
- Astronomical tecniques on Earth and in Space
- Celestial Mechanics
- Classical and Relativistic Gravitation
- Dynamics of Dense Stellar systems and Supercomputing
- Galaxies and clusters of galaxies
- High Energy Astrophysics
- Neutrino Astrophyics
- Observational and Theoretical Cosmology
- Planetology and Exoplanets
- Quasars and Active Galactic Nuclei
- Solar System Physics
- Star Formation and Evolution
Coordinator: Prof. Paolo De Bernardis
Vice-Coordinator: Prof Nicola Vittorio
Dr. Fernanda Lupinacci
Dr. Giordano Amicucci
Board of Faculty of the Phd in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Science
Francesco BERRILLI, Giuseppe BONO, Herve' BOURDIN, Paolo DE BERNARDIS, Marco DE PETRIS, Dario DEL MORO, Viviana FAFONE, Silvia MASI, Pasquale MAZZOTTA, Alessandro MELCHIORRI, Paolo PANI, Enzo PASCALE, Francesco PIACENTINI, Piero RAPAGNANI, Raffaella SCHNEIDER, Nicola VITTORIO
Extended Board of Faculty of the Phd in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Science
Angela BAZZANO, Alexis FINOGUENOV, Emanuele GIALLONGO, Stuart JEFFERIES, Luigi MANCINI, Lucio MAYER, David MERRITT, Marina MIGLIACCIO, Dante MINNITI, Giuseppe PICCIONI, Giampaolo PISANO, Oscar STRANIERO, Francesco TOMBESI, Manuela ZOCCALI